Cathe Friedrich's Step, Jump, & Pump + Step Blast DVD Contains Two Workouts:
Step, Jump, & Pump
Step, Jump, & Pump is a 73 minute workout DVD that keeps you energized from start to finish. After your warm up, you'll do a 16 minute step aerobic routine that is packed with choreography (some new, some familiar). Each of the songs in this segment has its own unique routine that fits to the music. As soon as it is finished, you'll slide the step out of the way and begin your hi/lo circuit workout. This segment is 40 minutes long. You'll do 5 minutes of easy-to-follow hi/lo cardio followed by 5 minutes of thorough weight training. I've chosen to keep the cardio simple, yet upbeat and intense, since it is short and therefore not much time to get involved in a complex routine. The very last cardio segment, however, is mostly all low impact (with a bit of a dance flair) as you begin to bring the heart rate down. After the 40 minute circuit, you'll conclude your workout with abs (no equipment needed) and a stretch. Following is a breakdown of the workout in its entirety along with the accompanying song list.
- Warm Up (Abracadabra)
- Combo 1 (Instrumental)
- Combo 2 (Kung Fu Fighting)
- Combo 3 (Golden Eye)
- Combo 4 (Spin Me Round)
- Hi/Lo & Weights
- Hi/Lo - 5 min. (Rebel Rebel)
- Squats/Deadrows/Deadlifts - 5 min. (Sleeping Satellite)
- Hi/Lo - 5 min. (Holding On For A Hero)
- Biceps Curls/Side Lateral Raises/Front Raises/Rear Delt Raises - 5 min. (Freedom)
- Hi/Lo - 5 min. (Heaven is a Place On Earth)
- Lunges - 5 min.(Breakfast at Tiffany's)
- Hi/Lo - 5 min.(Instrumental)
- Bench Press/Chest Flys/Tricep Extensions - 5 min. (Without You)
- Abs - 6 min. (Dreams)
- Stretch - 5 min. (Linger)
The Step Blast workout is a 55 minute high intensity step workout that features new and exciting choreography as well as a fun and motivating soundtrack. The format is as follows: A warm up, three step segments, a step blast challenge, and a cool down/stretch.
- Warm Up - 7 min. (Whats Up)
- Step Segments #1, #2, #3 - 35 min. (I Wanna Be Your Lover, Video Killed the Radio Star, Feeling Good, Ministry of Funk 1999, Fantasy Disco Fans, Ready Set Go)
- Step Blast Challenge - 13 min. (I'm Glad, Paint It Black)
- Cool Down/Stretch - 5 min. (Fast Car)
After the warm up, you will learn three separate step routines. Each routine will be taught and then its finished product will be performed a couple of times. After they are all taught you will be ready to take the Step Blast Challenge in which you will put all of the finished products of each combo together and then follow it up with an intensity blast. You will repeat this cycle three times. Here is the Step Blast Challenge breakdown:
- Combo #1: Finished product on the right and left side
- Combo #2: Finished product on the right and left side
- Combo #3: Finished product on the right and left side
- Intensity Blast #1: (similar in style and intensity to IMAX 2 blasts) Combo #1's finished product on the right and left side Combo#2's finished product on the right and left side Combo #3's finished product on the right and left side.
- Intensity Blast #2: (similar in style and intensity to IMAX 2 blasts) Combo #1's finished product on the right and left side Combo#2's finished product on the right and left side Combo #3's finished product on the right and left side.
- Intensity Blast #3: (similar in style and intensity to IMAX 2 blasts) After this you will enjoy a nice stretch!
Cathe DVD Video Previews